Our holiday week was quite eventful. For some odd reason, a mouse decided to make a home inside our HVAC. It didn’t work out for him because he shorted the capacitor. It didn’t work out for us because it blew back all the way to the circuit breaker. Who would have thought that we would have survived the derecho storm but not a little mouse?
Fortunately, we were able to switch the air conditioner breaker with the dryer. Unfortunately, replacement parts for the circuit breaker installed in our 1968 townhouse are not legal (because they have a tendency to catch fire) so we need to get the whole circuit breaker replaced.
Of course, this had to happen during what I hope was the hottest week of summer.
Most. expensive. mousetrap. ever.