Yesterday, I noticed the first sign of growth from the tobacco seeds I started on March 1st. Yes, finally, growth! It only took 48 days to sprout just one seed so I am curious to see if any others will sprout, and if my newer batch will yield anything as well.
The poppies have grown too large for their starting containers so I moved them outside last week. I have read that these plants are fragile and do not transport well. I don’t know where I want them yet so they are in another temporary container. They seem to be doing well today.
I will attempt to germinate my cotton and flax seeds next week. These are the ones I really care about; the tobacco and poppy seeds have been practice. I’m really having a lot of fun with all of my plants so far this year, but I really am looking to when it’s harvest time.
Other updates from the garden: The hops are two inches shy of being seven feet tall. (That was yesterday, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they have made it to seven feet as I am typing this.) There’s a little bit of new growth on my grapevines. Finally, the strawberries look great!